If you are a member of an Ethnic Minority community who works or lives in the West Belfast area then we are asking you to help with our survey and fill in the questionnaire attached.
This survey has been developed by the West Against Racism Network.
The West Against Racism Network (WARN), is a grass-roots campaign group based in the West Belfast for the past decade. It campaigns against institutionalized racism and actively promotes an anti racist culture in West Belfast.
It has worked in solidarity with the local communities, engaging them in a range of activities to raise awareness of and challenge racism in West Belfast including:
- ‘Republic of Conscience’ anti-racism passport and a ‘Many Faces of West Belfast’ anti-racism poster
- Welcome Pack (“Comhar na gComharsan”) for minority ethnic communities, in conjunction with a number of community and voluntary organisations in West Belfast
- Anti-Racism Charter Initiative, aimed at community and voluntary organisations, service providers, businesses and others in West Belfast
- Anti-Racism Pledge of Office,” signed by all MLAs for West Belfast
- Challenges racist policies and practice operated by government departments and statutory agencies;
- Launch of “Pub and Club” beer mat initiative
- Designed and launch of anti-racist wall murals on International Wall.
All of the above has been carried out with the support of many individuals, community leaders and groups in West Belfast. As part of this work we are currently researching into the experiences of members of ethnic minorities in West Belfast that will improve our knowledge and understanding of daily life for those members of our community . One of the methods is the survey.
The results will help to better understand the experience of a diverse community of recent and more established ethnic minority residents in the area, and therefore to set clear short- and medium-term goals for the future.
Respondents will be completely anonymous and the results will only be used for research purposes. It will take 10 minutes to complete. Thank you for your help.